« Home | We're running out of time! » | Not good enough » | If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving! » | The journey » | The final battle of the war » | Matisyahu - "What I'm Fighting For" » | Joy in the midst of tribulation » | Piecing together the puzzle... » | Back to the drawing board... » | Arms of Love » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

What the Bible does NOT say

I look sometimes at how we as people live and it strikes me oddly how we either don't know what the Bible has to say about a subject, or we conveniently ignore it. I mean, I don't expect everyone to completely understand and know every last thing in the Bible, there is none of us like that. Having said that, it seems that we either interpret things in a way to keep us in our comfort zone, or we listen only to those that tell us what we want to hear. Just hearing the different sayings that people around me often go by, it sometimes makes me wonder why people believe in such sayings, even though they are not in the Bible. Its like they think its scripture! So I took moment to just brainstorm and write this:


What the Bible does NOT Say!


Living life both for God and against Him is fine. After all, lukewarm Christianity pleases God. Half-stepping is good enough.
(Revelation 3:15-16)


If you see someone sinning, ye who are spiritual, don't say anything or try to correct them at all, that would be
judging! (Galatians 6:1)


When asking God for something, its ok to ask against His will. So praying that your ex-boyfriend
gets in a car accident for cheating on you is A-OK! (1 John 5:14)


When evangelizing to people, tell them that things are only going to get easier for them once
they become a Christian. God will definately take away all of their sicknesses, their marriage problems, their money problems and they will have absolutely NO PROBLEMS to deal with! (Matthew 10:21-22, 2 Corinthians 11:25-30)


If you see someone with false beliefs and/or a misunderstanding of the word, let them be. Everyone's
entitled to their own interpretation, even if its dead wrong. As long as they are happy and they aren't directly harming you, everything's ok! (2 Timothy 4:2-5)


All scripture is from God... well, except the few times it condemns the actions that you like to
participate in. (2 Timothy 3:16)


Go ahead and just sin if you please, its just one time, its just a little. After all, God's gonna
forgive you tomorrow anyway! (Hebrews 10:26-31)


Giving up your desires for God isn't necessary, you get to have your other life on the side. You
know, the one where you get drunk as much as you want, you spend enormous amounts of money on rims for your car, you live a self-centered life as opposed to a God-centered life. You live in so much excess, you make the prodigal son look like a Red Cross worker. (Matthew 16:24-28, Luke 9:23-26)


I want my women to dress with modesty, shamefacedness and sobriety... well, um, except for when
you go to the beach, a party, the club, a banquet, a dinner or a night out on the town. Oh yeah, this commandment also doesn't apply during the Summer. (1 Timothy 2:9)


When talking to others about why they need to accept Jesus as both Lord and savior, don't include
the law and don't you DARE mention Hell. Hell is too imposing and scary and will just scare away a potential convert. (Galatians 3:24-25, Ezekiel 3:17-21)


Love the Lord your God with the majority of your heart, mind, soul and strength. That's more than
enough. Oh yeah, and 2nd hand love for your neighbor is fine too. It's not like if your neighbor is a relative! (Luke 10:35-37)


Judge not by appearance, judge righteous judgment.

Exceptions to this rule:
  • All women who dress how you believe to be inappropriate are obviously false Christians. Don't ever accept the "I can't afford anything better" excuse, they are always lying when they use that one!
  • All people who lose their cool have anger management problems, their circumstance doesn't matter in any way, shape or form.
  • All overweight people are obviously horrible sinners, they are in visible excess. So what if they actually happen to eat a moderate amount? Just look at them!
(John 7:24)

Be hearers of the word, obeying God isn't important, you're saved by grace! (James 1:22-25). As long as you go to church once in a while, hear a nice message, feel a little tingle inside, then you obviously love God! Obedience has absolutely NOTHING to do with the love of God! (1 John 5:3).


So what do you all think?

About me

  • I'm Preventer Wind
  • From Clarkson University, New York, United States
  • I was born and raised in Brooklyn, for the most part. My parents sent me to live in Barbados when I was 5 and brought me back here 2 months before I was going to turn 8. I was fairly intelligent, until I came to Clarkson :-P. My grades went south, but I refuse to give up! As hard as things get in life (and things have gotten plenty hard in mine), I have learned not to give up, but to keep faith in Jesus who I gave my life to at the age of 13. And no, my parents didn't make me. I made that decision on my own. They never once even suggested that I get saved. I chose to with my own contrite heart. So above all else, Jesus comes first in my life. So I'm a cool guy, I love everyone, dislike no one, but I HATE to be annoyed! (You're entitled to hate me all you want, but please don't aggrevate me! ) I'm a huge sports fan! Even though I'm pretty knowledgeable in sports, all my favorite teams stink (Raiders, Kings, Mets). Other than that, I'm pretty much game to do anything that's at least permissable by God. So what else is there to know about me? Read the rest of my profile!
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates